Saturday, February 2, 2013

Gen. 1, Chap. 4: The Honeymoon

If you are 12 years old or under, please get a parent's permission before reading my blog. Thanks!
Note: There is an inappropriate scene towards the end of this post. Read at your own risk!

*Kristine's POV*


"So... have you ever been to Egypt at all?" Marley finished packing his suitcase for our honeymoon to the ancient country.

"No... I haven't even been out of the country before." After we packed our bags, we left the quintuplets in charge and took the cab to the airport.

********************


After many hours, we arrived at our camp in Al Simhara. It was weird to sleep in a tent with no air conditioning, but we just had to make the best of it. I checked the notice board for some fun things to do while Marley walked around. Advertised, we saw the Great Sphinx, and traveled there quickly to explore the ancient caves.


We inspected the beginning of the tomb and found our entry way inside. Bits of dust, sand, and dirt flew into Marley and mines faces, but we just dusted ourselves off and continued until we were stopped by a fire obstacle.


Loudly, I yelped and stayed in the doorway. To say the truth, I've been afraid of fire since the early days of my 100 Baby Challenge, but Marley quickly stepped on the stone tab to put out the fires. The next room we headed in to was filled with beautiful treasures and statues.


Marley moved the statues around until two of them were on the object pads while I collected all the treasure and we headed into the next room, one with diving wells and something that looked like a clay dresser.


Marley checked in the clay thing, but there wasn't anything in there, so he dived into one of the four diving wells. I checked over the well to make sure he was okay underwater. It was all fine until he came back up with a look of utter terror on his face. Cautiously, I peered behind me, and came face to face with a mummy.


The mummy seemed somewhat peaceful, like he wasn't furious because we disturbed his tomb. He sauntered around while we went into the next room.


The next room seemed like a small dining room, with hieroglyphics and pictures of gods painted onto the chairs. Together, Marley and I continued into the next room, which had an odd cyan glow to it. We quickly learned that it was the last room, and we exited the Sphinx unharmed. We've been in that tomb for 2 and a half days, and I knew our vacation would soon end.


As we dragged ourselves into our tent, Marley pulled me into a tight embrace and started pecking at my lips.  Once we were inside the tent, I zipped up the tent while we started taking our clothes off, piece by piece until we were butt naked.

******************

I woke up the next morning, feeling crummy and slipping into a bathrobe. I didn't know why I felt so sick this morning. Quickly, I ruled out pregnancy because I haven't had a baby in years, and I knew I wouldn't have another soon. It was probably just the flu and I'd be okay. But today was the last day of our honeymoon, so we went to the market to buy some souvenirs and leave quietly.


Marley and I really didn't buy much of anything. Just a snake charming basket and a scooter. The gems and ancient coins we collected inside the Sphinx were already a great souvenir. Then, we boarded the plane back home as we said farewell to Egypt.

***********************


The plane  ride didn't really help my flu spell much. In fact, it made it worst. But I wanted to be careful to make sure I wasn't pregnant, so I locked my bathroom door to take a pregnancy test. After a few minutes of waiting, I held the test up to my face.

It had read "Positive." The feeling of joy overwhelmed me, and I ran out to show Marley.

"That's great, babe."

"You don't seem that exicted that we're gonna be parents..."

"I know. It's just that, well... I never really liked kids."

No comments:

Post a Comment