Sunday, February 10, 2013

Gen. 1, Chapter 7: I've Waited So Long to Hear You Say That

If you are 12 years old or under, please get a parent's permission before reading my blog. Thanks!

*Kristine's POV*


Lately, I've been frustrated. It's not because of the triplets, who are already four years old, and it's not the house, but it's because I want more kids. If I could just have one more baby, I'd never be pregnant again. But I knew Marley wouldn't appreciate it. After he got home from work, I met up with him on the couch while Celesta, July, and Elizabeth were asleep.


"Marley, we need to talk."

"About what, sweetheart?"

"Well, I want to have another baby." There was a long pause until Marley spoke up.

"If you want to, sure..."

I smiled, "I've waited so long for you to say that."

******************

It's been a few months, and once again I was pregnant, but with a little boy Marley and I already pre-named Kyle. The girls were also excited about their new baby brother coming soon.


 But the dream came to reality when I was in the hospital, about to give birth to baby Kyle. Marley made a funny joke about how there would be more testosterone in the house once Kyle was born.


After hours of painful labor, Kyle Abraham Vilas was born at 6 pounds, 7 ounces. Once we were home, everyone was tired.


But Kyle was a blessing, he babbled and made noises all day, but only the opposite of Celesta, who can now speak in basic, 2 year old phrases, but she was making progress for a four year old with a speech impairment.

Later, I got a phone call from the doctor unexpectedly.


"Hello, Mrs. Vilas. I should've told you this earlier, but..."

"What?"

"We've detected breast cancer cells in your body. Please come to the hospital as soon as possible, okay?"

"O-O-O-Okay..."

1 comment:

  1. I'm finding you are always trying to surprise us in the last lines of your posts. I'm not sure why but I think you need something that leads up to it more rather than just trying to throw it on your readers. I was looking forward to finding out what was wrong with Kristine's other child. You never covered that in this post. Your writing is good, I think there just needs to be something more...I feel like its lacking something it really needs.

    Good job though :)

    ReplyDelete