Sunday, February 3, 2013

Gen. 1, Chapter 6: Three's Company

If you are 12 years old or under, please get a parent's permission before reading my blog. Thanks!

*Kristine's POV*


"C'mon, child, speak! Mama? Dada? Baba?" I tried to get Celesta to talk, but all she said were noises. I was worried about her, she was already eight months old, but July and Elizabeth could say a few words that they pick up.

"Babababaaaaa," Celesta blubbered.

"At some point, I think we need to see a doctor..." I said.


Marley nodded and handed Lizzie her bottle.

"Baba! Baba!" she giggled and slurped the formula right up. Lizzie made me smile, but I had other things to get done.


 I called the pediatrician and he said he could take Essie (Celesta's nickname) in at ten. The appointment lasted about an hour, and just ran some basic tests and I would get the results by phone call by the end of the week. Afterwards, I ran some errands and got home right when it was time to put the girls to bed.


 After Marley went to bed, I stood up and painted during the night. I wasn't a really good painter and I hated the night silence, but I wanted to be up in case one of the triplets cried during the night.

******************


"Little steps, July. If you fall, I'll catch you!" I taught little July to walk. Slowly, I took my hands away from hers and stepped back. She stumbled over to me, but at least it was progress. I praised July and let her join Essie with playing with their toys, and Lizzie's turn for walking lessons were next. But then my phone vibrated and I answered the incoming call from the doctor.


"Hello, is this Mrs. Kristine Vilas?"

"Yes."

"We have the results back for your daughter, Celesta."

"Go on."

"Your daughter has a speech impairment. Which means she can't learn words as well for her age. I'm estimating that she won't be able to say her first word until she's 12 months. But with some therapy with a speech therapist, she'll be fine."

"Oh gosh..." I stared down at Celesta.

No comments:

Post a Comment