Sunday, February 3, 2013

Gen. 1, Chapter 5: New is Better

If you are 12 years old or under, please get a parent's permission before reading my blog. Thanks!

*Kristine's POV*


The house was empty. All of the kids that were a part of my baby challenge were gone, moved out to start their own lives. What once was a house filled with noise from a happy family was dead silent. But that wasn't all. Marley and I were moving into another house on the island, big enough for a family of five. That's right- I found out earlier that I was carrying triplets, and I'm about eight or nine months into my pregnancy, and a huge baby bump stuck out of me. Marley and I drove to the new house to check it out. It's a nice home, it was pre-furnished and near the beach, perfect for when we have the babies.


 After walking around, I sat down in the rocking chair in the nursery room, painted pink for the three little girls that would be born. Being pregnant with three babies has its disadvantages, though. Like the backaches and nausea, which seem to never end. But it's all worth it once the bundles of joy are delivered to your arms. Then, Marley left to work as a cook at the local diner, while I was all alone with the house and babies.



 I warmed up in front of the couch, watching TV and eating ice cream and cookies, yum. But then I fell asleep for a bit, and woke to find Marley staring at me. I checked the time on my smartphone, 9 o'clock, the time he's usually home. But as I got onto my feet, I quickly found out why he was staring at me.


 A sharp pain hit my stomach and there was a puddle of water smack-dab in the middle of the couch. I knew this well; I was in labor. Marley quickly threw a tarp over the couch and I nestled on the couch. After many painful hours of delivery, we welcomed our three new many girls to the world. Next was the hard part- naming them.


"How about Celesta Aphrodite Vilas for this little one?" Marley picked up one of the babies and held her close. Instantly I could recognize a beginning father-daughter bond. I nodded.


 We named the second baby July Cleobelle Vilas, and the last little girl we had Elizabeth "Lizzie" Josephine Vilas. We held Celesta, July, and Elizabeth close as they fell asleep. Our family was finally complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment