Sunday, August 12, 2012

I'll Never Forget You- Babies 59, 60, 61, & 62


If you are 12 years old or under, please get a parent's permissin before reading my blog. Thanks!
Note: You may want to read this post by Vanessa Wood in order to understand this one. WARNING: This post may cause uncontrollable sobbing.


"So..." I say, on the phone, "I'll see you then!" I hung up after calling my new doctor on the island, Dr. Sunshine, to schedual an appointment to be impregnated by a donated sperm. I fiddled around with the apps on my phone, not noticing the small, unpacked box in my path.


I lost my footing and fell flat on my face against the box, leaving a cut on my eye. The tiny box burst open, spilling out old pictures I had. Sorting through them, some were of my kids, my family, and my friends.


But one that really caught my eye was a black-and-white picture of me and one of my best friends, Vanessa Wood.


Tears welled up in my eyes. The day I learned of her death was the most miserable day of my life. Don't wallow in sorrow, I thought, but cherish the memories I had of her. 


At dusk, I wheeled the musical keyboard I had in the skill room of my new home outside and played. Sad serenades rocked the street that evening, as I played to remeber one of my best friends.
*The Next Day*
"What happened, exactly?" the therapist asked.
"She died from complications from a car crash involving her and her daughter."
"Oh.... That must be tough..."
I break into tears again.


I grab the picture of me and Nessa and write "In another life, I would make you stay," a part of the lyrics from Katy Perry's The One That Got Away. After a few hours, I leave the therapist's for the day and I go to

Dr. Sunshine's office to be impregnated. I chose a sperm from a guy with crazy hair and blue skin, named Mister Bloo. (Created by Me)


Days went by and I just kept missing Vanessa harder and harder. I kept feeling bad for not having her over a lot before her death. I gave birth to yet another set of quads...

Baby 59:
Sara Amileah Turner
9 lbs, 8 oz
19 in.

Baby 60:
Melissa Reagan Turner
10 lbs, 5 oz
22 in.

Baby 61:
Maple Elle Turner
11 lbs, 2 oz
22 in.

Baby 62:
Pine Georgio Turner
12 lbs, 1 oz
23 in.


After I gave birth, I went into my room and opened up a tiny safe that I always kept locked. I pulled out my pistol that I had for self-defense and walked outside to the sandy beach. I checked to make sure the gun was loaded. I looked up at the rainy night sky and cried. I shake like crazy while trying to get a firm grip on it. The rain got heavier as I pulled the trigger.
BAM! BAM! BAM!
I blacked out, I hoped, for the last time.
*****
I got up from where I was laying and stared at the pool of blood. Quickly, I realized that the blood was coming from my head. But how? "WHY DID YOU DO THIS?" I hear a voice in front of me. I look up, "....Vanessa?"

"Why did you do this? You left your family, your friends, your happiness, for me?"
"Ness, I-"
"Needs no explanation. It's too late. Follow me."

I grab Vanessa's hand as she leads me, and everything just got blurrier and blurrier.....

No comments:

Post a Comment